The Global Infrastructure Hub Limited ABN 46 602 505 064 (GI Hub, we, us, our) handles personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles.
Information about the operation of the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles is available from the website of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
CCRI Legacy Programme refers to the program-specific partnerships formed among institutions equipped and committed to continue the programmes and activities of the former Coalition for Climate Resilient Investment or CCRI, details of which are set out at the website https://resilientinvestment.org/.
Personal Information means information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable: (a) whether the information or opinion is true or not; and (b) whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
Sensitive Information includes racial or ethnic origin, political opinions or associations, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association or trade union, sexual orientation or practices, criminal records, health information, genetic information, biometric information, and biometric templates.
3. Collection of your personal information
3.1 General collection
We only collect Personal Information to the extent that this is reasonably necessary for one or more of our functions or activities.
This includes but is not limited to the following kinds of information:
- your name and email address, your organisation and position, your contact phone number, your country of residence, and any personal information contained in your message(s);
- if you apply for a job with us, information that you provide about your right to work, employment history, qualifications, and ability;
- if you undertake a paid training course with us, information that you provide, such as your address and payment details;
- if you speak at an event that we organise, information that you provide to us, such as your photo, short personal biography, and signature;
- technical data relating to your use of and access to our websites;
- a record of the GI Hub events/webinars you have registered to attend; and
- your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
As a general rule, GI Hub does not collect personal information about you when you visit our website. You can generally visit this website without telling GI Hub who you are, unless you choose to provide such information. Our preference is to collect Personal Information about an individual directly from that individual unless it is unreasonable or impracticable for us to do so.
If we do not collect such personal information, then in some cases GI Hub may not be able to provide the services or information that you have requested.
3.2 Collection under the CCRI Legacy Programme
In addition to the items set out above, the precise collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information relating to the CCRI Legacy Programme will vary depending upon the circumstances and nature of our interactions or relationship with you, but the following sections provide an overview of our practices in this regard.
We do not direct our services toward nor knowingly process Personal Information belonging to individuals 16 years or younger.
We may collect Personal Information directly from you, as well as automatically related to your use of the CCRI Legacy Programme website at https://resilientinvestment.org/ (CCRI Legacy Programme Website), as well as from third parties. For example, we collect personal information:
- from you, either directly (i.e., through information you submit to us, including via forms that you may complete and submit through the CCRI Legacy Programme Website) or indirectly (i.e., by observing your actions on the CCRI Legacy Programme Website); and
- from 'cookies' and other similar tools deployed on parts of the CCRI Legacy Programme Website (for further information regarding cookies used, please see section 4 (Cookies) below).
We may collect the following categories of personal information (subject to applicable legal requirements and restrictions):
- name, contact information and other identifiers: identifiers such as a real name, alias, address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol (IP) address, email address, account name, and in certain limited circumstances, social security number, driver’s licence number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
- usage data: internet or other electronic network activity information including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet website, application, or advertisement.
If we do not collect such Personal Information, then in some cases CCRI may not be able to provide the services or information that you have requested.
In order to understand how people arrive at our websites and related social media platforms and how they are used, GI Hub relies on cookies provided by third parties. This enables GI Hub to assess the effectiveness of our communications. Cookies do not reveal personal information, such as your name, address, phone numbers or email address. You can adjust your browser to disable cookies, but this may restrict your ability to access certain areas of our websites.
5. Purposes of use and disclosure
5.1 General purposes of use and disclosure
We may use and disclose your Personal Information for the primary purpose for which we collected your Personal Information, for reasonably (or directly if the Personal Information is Sensitive Information) related secondary purposes within your reasonable expectations and where required or authorized by law including, but not limited to the following:
- respond to your queries, comments, or messages and fulfilling your requests for products, services or information;
- provide our services and conduct our activities, including participating in relevant G20 forums and discussions related to infrastructure, and delivering work contributing to the G20 infrastructure agenda;
- communicate and market products and services to you, including sending news and information about our activities and events and other general promotional material which we believe may be useful to you;
- allow us to monitor who is accessing our websites or using services offered on the website, and the type of people accessing the website;
- provide troubleshooting and other technical support, and for other customer service and support purposes, including operating our websites;
- personalize experiences and undertake analysis or market research to improve, secure and protect our business;
- if you have applied to work with us, to assess your application;
- while employed with us, any data needed from you (whether by law or otherwise) to fulfill your role and meet our employment requirements – you acknowledge that this may include sensitive information that you provide to us for these purposes, for example to support working visa applications;
- comply with legal obligations that apply to us and defend our legal rights; and
- audit, report, and for corporate governance and internal operations including maintaining and updating records, and in relation to any sale, transfer or reorganization of our business or assets.
We may also use or disclose your Personal Information where otherwise required or authorized by law, including under the Privacy Act.
5.2 Use or disclosure under the CCRI Legacy Programme
In addition to the items set out above, we may use your Personal Information shared with the CCRI Legacy Programme for the following purposes:
- provide, communicate and market the products and services offered by the CCRI Legacy Programme partners, and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries and successors-in-interest;
- facilitate your application for one or more policies; and
- advertising, marketing and promotional purposes, including marketing the products and services offered by other businesses, affiliates and subsidiaries with the individual members of the CCRI Legacy Programme (subject to applicable laws).
Because of their participation in the CCRI Legacy Programme, your Personal Information may be shared with our members, which may include subsidiaries and affiliates of corporate organizations.
6. Direct marketing
We do not use Sensitive Information for marketing purposes. We may use your Personal Information (other than Sensitive Information) to communicate and market products and services to you, as set out in section 5.
If at any time you no longer wish to receive any direct marketing from us or do not want your information disclosed for direct marketing, please use the "unsubscribe" link in the message or contact us via the details provided below. Please note that even if you have requested to not receive further direct marketing communications, we may nevertheless continue to provide you with information about changes to our terms and conditions and other factual information as permitted under the Privacy Act and Spam Act.
7. Disclosure to third parties
7.1 General disclosures to third parties
We share your information for the purposes set out in section 5, with our service providers, and to comply with the law. When we do this, we take steps to keep your information safe. This includes disclosure:
- to third party service providers such as entities providing customer service, email delivery, auditing, hosting our websites and other services;
- to other third parties where we are required or authorized by law to do so, including to law enforcement agencies for the purposes of fraud prevention;
- if we are obliged to disclose your Personal Information under applicable law or regulation, which may include laws outside your country of residence;
- subject to applicable laws, to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, which may include such authorities outside your country of residence;
- to an acquiring or proposed acquiring entity in relation to any sale, transfer or reorganization of our business or assets;
- in accordance with the separate terms and conditions of use that you agree to.
Where you directly interact with or use third party platforms or services when interacting with us (for example, video conferencing software), the providers of those platforms or services are responsible for the content and privacy practices and will have their own terms and conditions and privacy policies. Please ensure that you review the terms and conditions and privacy policies of those platforms or services.
7.2 Use or disclosure under the CCRI Legacy Programme
In addition to the items set out above, we may use your Personal Information shared with the CCRI Legacy Programme for the following purposes:
8. Data security
8.1 General data security
We will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to protect the Personal Information we hold from misuse or loss and from unauthorized access, modification, or disclosure. We will also take steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to destroy or de-identify personal Information once we no longer need it for any purpose for which the information may be used, disclosed, or retained under the Privacy Act.
However, when using our website, you should be aware that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Although we strive to protect such information, we do not warrant the security of any information that you provide us over the Internet and you do so at your own risk.
8.2 Data security under the CCRI Legacy Programme
9. Offshore disclosures
9.1 General offshore disclosures
We, including our affiliates and service providers, may hold electronic records of your Personal Information using cloud technology or by other electronic means, or in paper form. These means of holding Personal Information may include offshore storage.
We may disclose Personal Information to third parties including our affiliates and service providers as permitted by the Privacy Act. Where we need to, we send them information so that they can provide us services. These third parties may be located overseas including in Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom, certain member states of the European Union, and the United States. It is not practicable for us to specify in advance the location of every service provider with whom we deal.
Our websites may link to a number of third-party websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these other websites. We recommend that you review the privacy policies and notices on these websites.
9.2 Offshore disclosures under the CCRI Legacy Programme
In addition to the items set out above, Personal Information that we collect from you in connection with the CCRI Legacy Programme may be transferred to, accessed, processed or stored in, and subject to requests from law enforcement agencies, in jurisdictions outside of your home jurisdiction, including Australia, the United States, the European Union and other jurisdictions, in which the members of the CCRI Legacy Programme operate. Some of these jurisdictions, including the United States, may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We have established safeguards to protect personal information that is transferred to other countries, including appropriate contractual protections. For more information on the appropriate safeguards in place, please contact us using the details below.
11. Accessing and correcting your personal information
We will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the personal information which we collect remains accurate, up to date and complete.
We will provide you with access to your personal information held by us unless we are permitted under the Privacy Act to refuse to provide you with such access. Please contact us via the details provided below if you:
- wish to have access to the Personal Information which we hold about you;
- consider that the Personal Information which we hold about you is not accurate, complete or up to date; or
- require further information on our Personal Information handling practices.
There is no charge for requesting access to your personal information, but we may require you to meet our reasonable costs in actually providing you with access.
If you consider that the information which we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant, or misleading, we will take reasonable steps, consistent with our obligations under the Privacy Act, to correct that information if you so request.
We will respond to all requests for access and/or correction within a reasonable time.
12. Complaints and inquiries
If you have a complaint or inquiry about the way in which we have handled any privacy issue, please advise us via the details provided below.
We will use reasonable efforts to deal promptly with complaints and inquiries and, in any event, acknowledge your complaint or inquiry within 30 days.
If you are not satisfied with how we manage your complaint, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
13. Contact us